[DWJ] Megan Whalen Turner

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sun Jul 8 23:21:22 EDT 2007

On inspiration from this list, I finally got around to reading _The
Thief_,
_The Queen of Attolia_, and _The King of Attolia_.

I like them, on the whole.  Ms. Turner is certainly hard on her hero,
though.

Of the three, my least favorite was _Queen_, because I felt Ms. Turner
spent way too much time explaining political issues.  _Way_ too much.

As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I
craved factual certainty, and I thirsted for a
meaningful vision of human life--so I became
a scientist. This is like becoming an archbishop
so you can meet girls.

                                  -- Matt Cartmill