[DWJ] Crown of Dalemark question

estairm at yahoo.com estairm at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 14:17:12 EDT 2007

--- Sally Odgers <sodgers at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> We are slowed down a bit at present. I suspect
> someone at Chrestomanci
> Castle is playing with spells.
>
> Sallyo

Okay, then, I have a question to get things going.  I
just re-read The Crown of Dalemark.  SPOILER
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
In the scene where Alk uses the truth-verifying Cup to
eliminate suspects in Noreth's death -- how did he
eliminate Maewen? He DOES include her in the suspects
at the beginning.

I think he asks Moril, Mitt, and Navis directly if
they did the deed, they answer, and are vindicated.
But Maewen just verifies her identity and then gives a
true and then a false statement without any bearing on
Noreth's death.

Am I missing something?

Esther