[DWJ] narcissistic personality disorder site (was (now with F&Hspoilers))

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Fri Jan 26 10:21:21 EST 2007

> >here is one that describes the disorder
> >in terms of behaviors, actions and relationships.  See if you don't
> >recognize Laurel and Ivy (and Minnow's descriptions
> >I've excerpted and quoted above) in here:
> >
> >http://www.geocities.com/zpg1957/narcissists.htm
>
> Fascinating.  Thank you.

I have just read it right through, even though I was supposed to be
doing other things (like work).  I spotted a lot of DWJ's evil mother
figures (particularly Maria and Marceny), and a some of Tanith Lee's
(Stephanie from "When the Lights Go Out", Demeta from "The Silver Metal
Lover" and even the city government from "Biting the Sun")

> Does anyone who hasn't happened to give birth ever present with
> narcissistic personality disorder, or is it confined to females with
> children; if so, how do these people get by if they happen not to
> spawn?

The article was about mothers, but in several places it noted where
similar behaviour is exhibited by other people with NPD.  I agree it
would be good to have an article that didn't confine its description to
such a small group, but this article was very good nonetheless.

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432