[DWJ] slight change you might notice in incoming mail

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Thu Jan 25 19:23:23 EST 2007

About once every 6 months for longer than I will admit without
bamboo slivers under my fingernails, Minnow has asked me

   "is there a reason for the return address for the DWJ list
   being set as "Diana Wynne Jones <dwj[at]suberic.net>" instead
   of just "dwj[at]suberic.net" as it used to be?  The thing is,
   DWJ also has "Diana Wynne Jones" at the front of her address,
   and I find it rather confusing, because I keep thinking I have
   answered to her when I am answering to a post on the list"

No, there was no reason.  I've changed it to "Diana Wynne Jones
discussion" (the name change happened when I switched the mailing
list software package to one which likes a name).  Hopefully this
will clear up Minnow's inbox, and reduce confusion for anyone
else who thought they were emailing DWJ.

I'm annoucning this because

- there is a slight slight chance this may effect any rules you
   folks have put into place to sort or filter by name, although
   it's more likely you're filtering by emailaddress (which
   remains "dwj at suberic.net").

- I want to give public props to Minnow for remembering the rule
   of how to get things done around here: "Keep nagging Deborah
   until she accomplishes it or explains why she can't."
   Seriously!  This is exactly the right thing to do.  I am not
   kidding.  Many of you know this from sad sad experience.

-deborah the late
--
I need to bond with you.  It's part of my therapy.