[DWJ] The Game [was Intro post and new book?]

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Thu Jan 25 16:26:16 EST 2007

>On 25/01/07, Minnow <minnow at belfry.org.uk> wrote:
>
>>I made hasty "I'll get you
>things from the shop when I'm out shopping later" noises and got off the
>phone so she could swear at the computer uninterrupted until she goes out
>for lunch with Charlie (happy birthday Charlie!  Pump her if you can...)

And Charlie regretted

>If only I'd read this beforehand, I'd have taken my thumbscrew!

  "Of all the sad words of tongue and pen
    The saddest are these: 'It might have ben.'"
No, that can't be right.  Erm.
   "Of all the sad words of tongue and peen
    The saddest are these: 'It might have been.'"
Maybe you had oughta taken a peen-hammer to beat information out of her.

>The new book
>did come up briefly. All I distinctly remember her saying was that, yes,
>it's set in the Howliverse (she didn't call it that) but that Howl himself
>makes a kind of guest appearance rather than being the main character. And
>of that we must make what we can...

Heh!  Last time, we got *Castle in the Air* from that formula, but I'll bet
this one will be completely different and equally unexpected.

Minnow