[DWJ] Intro post and new book?

Lucy Pearson l_r_pearson at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 25 03:14:37 EST 2007

Hello all,

I've been lurking on this list a good while, but I haven't posted until now. I always enjoy your discussion, though :D I've been a DWJ fan since university - I unaccountably missed her books as a kid - and have become quite obsessive. I would say my favourite book, but it changes every time I reread one! I do have a great fondness for Nick and Maree, though. I woun't give a long, tedious intro about me, but you might like to know that until recently I was a school librarian, but I'm now doing a PhD on children's literature.

The reason I'm posting is because I noticed an apparently new book on Amazon: 'The Game' http://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Diana-Wynne-Jones/dp/0142407186/sr=8-2/qid=1169712668/ref=pd_ka_2/026-3600021-6063619?ie=UTF8&s=books
(Sorry for the long url but Yahoo groups always seems to strip coding.)
Does anyone know anything about this? There seems to be nothing on Diana's website. Is it genuinely a new title, or is it a reissue? If this has already been covered on the list, then apologies, but I can't find anything (I've been offline a while, though, so I could have missed).

Thanks!

Lucy

PS Minnow, I suspect I know you - MA in Medieval Studies? If so, then hi!