[DWJ] (now with F&H spoilers)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jan 24 11:45:29 EST 2007

> This leads me to ponder slightly.  Fantasy Goddess frequently has the three
> Aspects of Maiden, Mother and Crone (occasionally Bride is thrown in so She
> can seduce the Hero, and *very* occasionally someone like Diane Duane has
> Her seducing *everyone*) and of the three Aspects, the Mother is almost
> always presented as benign, nurturing, and generally safe.  The Maiden may
> be a dangerous warrior type, the Crone is frequently tricksy and stern, but
> the Mother?  Nah, she's on your side.  Unlike the other two, she
> le-e-e-erves you, baby.

Hm... Seems to me I've seen lots of cases of "Mama SPANK!" in the
fantasy Goddesses-- as in, Mama Goddess Loves You But That Doesn't Mean
You're Going to Get Away With Being Stupid.  But I can't think of any
off hand, so maybe it's my personal religious background coming through.

There's the whole interesting thread running through _The Iron Dragon's
Daughter_ but that's a very strange, very complex situation there.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net