[DWJ] new edition of Tough Guide

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Jan 23 19:15:59 EST 2007

Katie wondered:

>I guess this has been out for a few months, but there's a 2006 Firebird
>edition of the Tough Guide.  It says it is revised and updated, and I was
>wondering if anyone knew to what extent.

A quick comparison with the original Vista edition shows me that the
Firebird one is Dark Lord Approved, and contains

A list of other Tough Guides

A different map, nearly as good as the very first one and *far* better than
the one in the fat little volume

Different marginal sigils, and a key to their meanings

New entries on several things: Armageddon, How to Compose a Ballad, Green
Man, What To Order At An Inn, What To Pack For Your Tour, More On Rivers,
What To Do When Taking The Second Brochure Of Your Tour, Transformation,
Vegetation, How To Interact With Wizards, and Work.

There may be other changes and additions, but I haven't noticed them in
particular.

Minnow