[DWJ] How weird is this?

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Mon Jan 15 14:19:50 EST 2007

Minnow said...

>>There seem to be some more books, at least according to the ISFDB and
>>Wikipedia:
>>
>>The Wizard's Dilemma (2001)
>>A Wizard Alone (2002)
>>Wizard's Holiday (2005)
>>Wizards at War (2005)
>
> I'd guess that these are alternative titles; Diane takes ages to write the
> books we really want her to, because she has to earn a living as well as
> doing stuff she enjoys, and I suspect someone might have told me if there
> were a whole four new ones I hadn't got including two in one year, which
> would be unheard-of.  Those titles would fit four that I have, the ones
> between SYWTBAW and OHMWS.

I guess someone failed in their duty to tell you.  Those really are four
whole new ones you haven't got.  I have "A Wizard Alone" (but not the
others; bah).

That being the case, you might also be unaware that Diane has recently made
the first book of the "Raetian Tales", "A Wind from the South" available for
free download - I grabbed it recently and it's rather good.  The founding of
Switzerland with lots of folktales really happening and a very cool version
of Artemis.  I know your computer doesn't like the Internet, but if you want
I can send it to you.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net
www.livejournal.com/users/dorianegray

"I will not trust you, I,
Nor longer stay in your curst company.
Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray;
My legs are longer though to run away."
-Wm. Shakespeare, "A Midsummer Night's Dream"