[DWJ] How weird is this?

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon Jan 15 06:40:59 EST 2007

>Minnow wrote:
>
>> OK, Ika, I can't speak for the later books, which I evidently haven't read,
>> but the first six don't have a wizarding school in them.  :-)

Ika wrote

>:) Apologies to Diane Duane! I started the first one (though I didn't
>get very far with it), and remembered a boy discovering a book called
>*So You Want To [etc]* in a school library - but I must have
>confabulated the wizarding school. I've been a bit immersed in the
>Potterverse lately and it looks like Rowling has colonized my brane
>into thinking that schools are the only places to learn magic
>::squints at brane, a bit indignantly::

Ah.  It was a girl, and it was not a school library but a public library
she dived into to escape from the bullies who were planning to beat her up
on her way home.  So you were simply unimpressed by it altogether, by the
sound of it, which is a different matter.  After all, why *would* you
remember stuff about a book that interested you not at all?

>(I thought we'd given *So You Want To...* back to the charity shop but
>when I checked with my gf she squeaked and informed me that in fact we
>own the whole series, so I can correct myself fairly easily...)

Well, if you decide after a re-read or read that you don't want them any
more, and it really is the *whole* series, cut out the charity shop and
fire them over towards the Blackboy Hill, 'cos it looks as if there are
four at least that I haven't read. :-)  In fact, can I have a quick borrow
some time anyhow?

Opportunist Minnow