[DWJ] Petition on school libraries

Elizabeth Bentley elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com
Sun Jan 7 17:01:57 EST 2007

On 7/1/07 19:48, "Farah Mendlesohn" <farah.sf at gmail.com> wrote:

> As I said, this isn't quite true, because there is an apprenticeship
> route one can go--I only know about this because a desperate friend (a
> head teacher) tried to recruit me about five years ago.

This is the Graduate Teacher Programme - you aren't qualified until you
finish and are supervised until then. As the PGCE is very largely spent in
school doing teaching practice there is not as much difference as you would
think - though you are paid a salary while you are on the scheme. But no
guarantee of a job in the school.

EB
Elizabeth Bentley, Head of Learning Resources
Northbrook C of E School, London, UK
mailto:elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com