[DWJ] Petition on school libraries

Farah Mendlesohn farah.sf at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 02:43:54 EST 2007

On 06/01/07, Elizabeth Bentley <elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com> wrote:
> On 5/1/07 10:44, "Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale)"
> <Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com> wrote:
> >
> To be honest, I hope that just as teaching, at least in state schools,
> requires a professional *teaching* qualification (rather than a lawyer's or
> an accountant's),

It doesn't you know,. This is a very common misapprehension. What *is*
compulsory is the new working with children clearance. But I if I had
that, and I could persuade a school to take me on, there is not a
thing in the world that would make this illegal.

This is why some schools have taken on the new apprenticeship model:
they hire someone with specific knowledge and train them on the job.

Farah