[DWJ] Petition on school libraries

Elizabeth Bentley elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com
Sat Jan 6 16:26:03 EST 2007

On 4/1/07 22:42, "Minnow" <minnow at belfry.org.uk> wrote:

> You did know that the Downing Street site tries to put cookies into your
> computer, or some such?  This causes mine to crash -- hard to do to an
> ancient Mac, but it does it.  One of the reasons I don't do web.  I was
> quite surprised that I could get to their site at all, actually, because
> what usually happens if I take Netscape to a Guvmint site is a simple blank
> page and a sort of perpetual attempt to do something, which goes on until I
> close down Netscape altogether and wander away in disgust to play patience
> or something.
>
> (I have this theory that the Netscape I use is so old that when faced with
> a cookie it thinks it ought to try to bake it.)

I'm sorry for the crash. No, I wasn't aware of the cookie problem, but it
does sound as though it is a problem for your Netscape which, as you say, is
inherent in using the web. Dare I suggest that you think about buying a new
Mac? I love my new one as much as I loved all the older ones.

Thanks for trying.

EB
Elizabeth Bentley
mailto:elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com