[DWJ] Best Books of 2006

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Wed Jan 3 14:38:31 EST 2007

Otter (I think!) said...

>Well, there's _A Civil Contract_, which is pretty horrible.

Why do you think "A Civil Contract" is horrible?

I'm curious, because, like several others here, I like it very much (and for
much the same reasons as the others).  I didn't think much of it when I
first read it, I admit, but it grew on me a *lot* over re-reading, and Jenny
is now one of my favourite Heyer heroines (along with Mary Challoner).

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net
www.livejournal.com/users/dorianegray

"I will not trust you, I,
Nor longer stay in your curst company.
Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray;
My legs are longer though to run away."
-Wm. Shakespeare, "A Midsummer Night's Dream"