[DWJ] Marcus (was:Pinhoe Egg, Ember Crinkle (Minor spoilers))

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Sun Feb 18 18:21:41 EST 2007

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007, Minnow wrote:

|>Quoting Kyla Mackay-Smith <kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu>:
|>>
|>> Yep, that's the context. I'd always thought the first part was something
|>> like "Horse break house," because all the centaurs are running to and fro
|>> smashing things. But I have no idea about "Bad doubt."
|
|Sorry, I ought to have said ages ago: it's

|"Horse break house.  Man shout."

|The "Man shout" is because Michael is pursuing the centaurs hither and
|thither in his wellies trying to stop them from smashing things

Well, that's *DWJ*'s interpretation of what he said. *g*  But all
of the other various interpretations seem to be quite interesting
as well --  and lead to somewhat different readings of Marcus'
state of mind!  Such as "bad house" or "Horse make house.  Man
don't", both of which have been suggested.

-deborah
--
"Tai Chi works wonders when I feel like killing things.
Of course, so does actually killing things."