[DWJ] Marcus (was:Pinhoe Egg, Ember Crinkle (Minor spoilers))

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Thu Feb 15 06:00:57 EST 2007

Farah remarked:

> But it isn't the centaur who makes the house. It's Zillah's boyfriend.
> Can't remember his name.

Herrel.

According to Marcus, he is an "Ike bad" (nice man) with an "airy bay"
(hairy face), which Herrel seems to be able to translate quite easily.

But I wasn't thinking of Herrel's spell with the Eeyore-hut.  I was
thinking that, if you're Marcus's size, you can shelter underneath a
horse (or centaur) body.

I had wondered about "Horse make house.  Man don't"

Elizabeth suggested:

> > Horse make house. Bad house. ?

But why on earth bad house?

And Farah further suggested:

> Horse make down!  something down!
>
> Or that was my guess. I think the centaur is holding him at the time.

I don't think the centaur is holding him, though I'd have to check.  But
Marcus is pointing at a centaur, and making the remark to King Rudolph
(after considering who would be interested, and rejecting everyone
else).

Are you confusing this with the time they arrive in the grove?  Marcus
is on top of Josh, but instructs "Dow!".  He also wants to "daddle"
(paddle?) in the pool, but Philo advises against it.

Another remark I'd forgotten, by the way.  When they're on the run, deep
inside the Arth citadel:  "Dart. Diting. Ort go dlidder dlidder." =
Dark. Exciting. Horse goes slither slither.

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432