[DWJ] Dark is Rising film

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Feb 12 23:11:37 EST 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Judith Ridge wrote:
|Settle down, everyone. Many child_litters have seen Bridge to Terabithia and
|think it's a wonderfully faithful adaptation of the novel. Katherine
|Paterson's son David wrote the script (it was the death of his childhood
|friend that inspired the story) and she has seen it three times and "likes
|it better every time". The trailer is apparently entirely misleading,
|encouraging audiences to think it's a fantasy-style movie, when in factthis
|is a very tiny aspect of the film (I recall someone saying something like
|less than three minutes but I could be wrong). People have also praised the
|casting. And these are people who are VERY unforgiving about film
|adaptations.

Well, then the trailers, promo pics, and photo picture book are
incredibly misleading.  If that's the case,  I *seriously* wonder
why.

I have to say that girlifying Leslie's costumes really upsets me
-- I understand the book's gender portrayal is very dated but
it's so vital to the characters as I read them!

-deborah
--
This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright #
154085, for a period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin it