[DWJ] Dark is Rising film

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Feb 12 15:18:51 EST 2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

|I'm just pretending it isn't happening, plugging my ears and going
|"lalalalala" as necessary.  Kinda how I'm dealing with "Bridge to
|Terabithia."  I think maybe there should be some kind of litmus test for
|directors and producers before a movie project gets the green light.  Like,
|"Do you think 'The Dark is Rising' would be improved if the family was
|American?" and if they answer, "I thought they *were* American in the book"
|we get to pelt them with weasels.

have you seen the promo pictures for Bridge to Terabithia? With
the incredibly girly Leslie, who is described in the picture
book-from-the-film which I was foolish enough to look at in the
bookstore as "a fun loving and quirky adventurer", or something
like that.

She's GIRLY. Leslie. Girly.

*head, meet desk*

-deborah
--
In plain then, what forbids he but to know,
Forbids us good, forbids us to be wise?   -- Paradise Lost