[DWJ] Dark is Rising film

Mon Feb 12 14:20:56 EST 2007

I'm just pretending it isn't happening, plugging my ears and going
"lalalalala" as necessary.  Kinda how I'm dealing with "Bridge to
Terabithia."  I think maybe there should be some kind of litmus test for
directors and producers before a movie project gets the green light.  Like,
"Do you think 'The Dark is Rising' would be improved if the family was
American?" and if they answer, "I thought they *were* American in the book"
we get to pelt them with weasels.

Melissa
(because, in case anyone has forgotten, _The Dark is Rising_ is one of my
very favorite books ever, and I'm having a reaction like the one I would
have if someone forcibly tattooed my child with the Nike swoop.)