[DWJ] Dark is Rising film

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Mon Feb 12 14:03:38 EST 2007

Charlie shared...

> *The Dark is Rising* film has been rumbling on in pre-production for a
> couple of years now, but recently they've starting to cast, and some of
> the
> details have recently begun leaking out here and there. The snippet below
> is
> from the call for auditions(
> http://www.myentertainmentworld.com/mew/audition_film-tv.html) which came
> out a few months ago, so sorry if this is old news. Be warned: there are
> spoilers for the Dark is Rising film below. And when I say 'spoilers' I
> mean
> - well, you'll see....

I hadn't known there was to be a film of "The Dark is Rising".  My first
thought was "what a good idea!"; it's an eminently filmable book, I think
(funny it hasn't been done before, however).  Then I read that casting info.
WHAT?  What have they *done* to the Stanton family?!  What on *earth* is the
point of making them American?  And why have half the siblings been cut?
And why has the family been made messily dysfunctional?

Aaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh!  ::tears hair out::

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net
http://dorianegray.livejournal.com

"When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it."
- Bernard Bailey