[DWJ] Norahs

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Mon Feb 12 00:30:44 EST 2007

Sally wrote:
> Who among us have namesakes in books? I note that  Sallys in songs

The only namesake of mine in a book that I can think of is the one in the
Becky Suslow books by Doris Orgel, one of the eponymous main character's
best friends.  OTOH, I win the coolness points of this Kyra quite
literally being my namesake, as Doris Orgel was a friend of my
grandmother's and liked my name enough when she heard about it to steal it
for her books.,

There are also Kiras.  Most notably in Japan.  It's thanks to Japan that I
have the mad crush on Kira Sakuya in _Angel Sanctuary_.  Japan is also the
source of the only song I can think of with a "Kira" in it, but I have no
idea what the Kira in the song is like, since I can't understand the
lyrics.  But when you have a rare name like mine, hearing a song where
someone repeats your name over and over again, even if you don't know what
the song is about, is quite odd, really.

						---Kyra

---
"I know the difference between genuine and counterfeit.  I know the
difference - I just don't know what to do with it."
		---Franklin Bruno (sung by Jenny Toomey), "Decoy"