[DWJ] Literary Namesakes

Ridge, Judith Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Fri Feb 9 23:32:28 EST 2007

I always felt a particular affinity for Judy in Seven Little Australians, and have been called Ju-Ju after her at various times in my life (including very recently by an old school friend). Literary Judys are often naughty or wild, I've noticed—I've always wanted to read a book my mother read as a child (she kept a reading log) called "Madcap Judy". I can't bring to mind any Judiths in literature, although I'm sure there are (and I bet they'er not Madcap).

As for pop songs—Judy's Turn to Cry, the sequel to It's My Party (and I'll Cry if I Want To).

Judith