[DWJ] Re: Mincemeat

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Sun Dec 30 07:09:10 EST 2007

> Er, yes, it would...  <grin>  I'm reminded of the moment when a friend
suddenly asked 'what are all these dots in my kitchen?', and we found that
every (wooden) cupboard front had small dots on it at exactly
labrador-dog-tail height, because the idiot guide-hound had a mysterious
cut on his tail

This reminds me of a rather horrible story, not for the weak of stomach,
involving my cat, a slammed door, and a trail of blood droplets leading to
safety underneath my bed. She did not mew at all, so it took a bit of
detective work to figure out what had happened and find the two inches of
tail lying outside on the mat. What remained of the tail was bandaged for
quite a while. Nowadays it's hard to tell there's anything missing, but when
she's running to greet you with her tail upright like a flag, it does look
just a wee bit oddly short.

Ob-DWJ: One would expect a cat whose tail had been chopped short to squeal
like an untuned Fiddle, or at least WONG-WONG loudly like Throgmorten.