[DWJ] 'Ballet Shoes'

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 29 15:13:48 EST 2007

Elizabeth Bentley wrote:

>Did anyone watch this? And if so what did you think?
>
>My biggest reservation is the tendency of recent children's book adaptations
>to shift the emphasis from the child to the adult. They did it big time with
>Magorian's 'Back home", and now again though to a lesser extent with 'Ballet
>shoes'.

I agree, the adult romance drama was clearly thrown in there to give it
more adult appeal. Unfortunately, according to my 7-year-old, it reduced
the child appeal. She was very disappointed at how little Posy there was.

I loved that they made it look so like the drawings from the book, I
must say.

roby