[DWJ] Re: Mincemeat

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Sat Dec 29 13:46:20 EST 2007

>On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 05:24:39PM +0000, Minnow wrote:
>>Come to that, would the blood be shed if it were all happening in a
>>spaceship without gravity or air-circulation turned on?  It would probably
>>just stay where it was, if it weren't actually pushed somewhere else.

and Roger pointed out

>Yes it would. It's coming out under pressure.

Cue someone pointing out that in sf the ichor always spurts if an alien has
his skin punctured.  So does arteriel blood under ordinary earth-type
gravities, so I suppose you're right...

(On a technicality, does 'spurt' count as 'shed'?)

What happens if somebody in one of these zero-g places cuts his finger?
Blood on all the walls?  In the books it always seems to happen in 'globs'
that head for the air-filters, so I was assuming no air-circulation would
mean that it stayed where it was.

Minnow