[DWJ] 'Ballet Shoes'

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 16:43:30 EST 2007

On 28/12/2007, Dorian E. Gray <israfel at eircom.net> wrote:
> Minnow said...
> > >Phil said...
> > ('Strewth, between *whom*?  The two doctors and, erm, and Theo?)
> Between Garnie, Mr. Simpson (Mrs. Simpson being conveniently dead in this
> version), and (hintedly) Theo.

The hinting was sufficiently subtle to cover the possibility that he
was simply learning to dance, that she (Theo) had read more into it
than him, and that Garnie had likewise, leading her to assume that her
cause was lost.

A little wrinkle was that having had a child die was used to make Mr
Simpson sympathetic to Petrova: I will have to read the book to see
how much that might have changed things.

> > and Dorian replied:
> >>possibly the rather unnecessary giving of TB to Garnie.
> > They did what?
[...]
> > TB.  Garnie.  The idea.

Obviously I missed the seriousness of it, not having realised they
meant TB, and will have to rewatch it several times as punishment.
When I get the DVD next week, I shall have to watch it again ;-)

Of course I *have* to get the DVD because it features stuff which was
cut for time, including Emma's little half-sisters playing
Pauline-at-four, maybe more...

HTH HAND
--
Phil