[DWJ] 'Ballet Shoes'

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri Dec 28 15:32:20 EST 2007

Minnow said...

> >Phil said...
>
>>> I assume you mean the introduction of the "love triangle".
>
> ('Strewth, between *whom*?  The two doctors and, erm, and Theo?)

Between Garnie, Mr. Simpson (Mrs. Simpson being conveniently dead in this
version), and (hintedly) Theo.  The doctors are presented as
possibly-a-couple, in a nice, understated way - they are, in fact, one of
the few things I liked in this adaptation.

> and Dorian replied:
>
>>I don't know about Elizabeth, but I would add to the "love triangle" thing
>>(which was actually reasonably well handled, even though totally
>>non-canonical), the turning of Theo into some kind of tacky jazz-dancer,
>>and
>>possibly the rather unneccesary giving of TB to Garnie.
>
> They did what?
>
> OK, thanks, that is enough to tell me all I need to know.  The people I
> heard enthusing about this on the radio  were, of course, Media Folk, and
> ought to have known better than to assume they cared about the book
> really.
> Bother.
>
> TB.  Garnie.  The idea.

Yes, that was about my reaction.  Idiots.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray