[DWJ] 'Ballet Shoes'

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri Dec 28 14:48:26 EST 2007

Phil said...

>> My biggest reservation is the tendency of recent children's book
>> adaptations
>> to shift the emphasis from the child to the adult. They did it big time
>> with
>> Magorian's 'Back home", and now again though to a lesser extent with
>> 'Ballet
>> shoes'.
>
> I assume you mean the introduction of the "love triangle".

I don't know about Elizabeth, but I would add to the "love triangle" thing
(which was actually reasonably well handled, even though totally
non-canonical), the turning of Theo into some kind of tacky jazz-dancer, and
possibly the rather unneccesary giving of TB to Garnie.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray