[DWJ] 'Ballet Shoes'

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri Dec 28 14:33:48 EST 2007

Elizabeth Bentley wrote:

>Did anyone watch this? And if so what did you think?
>
>My biggest reservation is the tendency of recent children's book adaptations
>to shift the emphasis from the child to the adult. They did it big time with
>Magorian's 'Back home", and now again though to a lesser extent with 'Ballet
>shoes'.

Oh dear: I feared that when I saw that they had brought in 'love interest'
for Garnie.  In the book she didn't have one, and I didn't see quite how
that could be done without giving her a bigger part in the story.

I am hoping that someone I know taped this for me, because I missed it at
the right time, so I echo Elizabeth's question, above.

Minnow