[DWJ] Assistive technology

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Wed Dec 26 14:06:05 EST 2007

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007, Kait Bessing wrote:

> We were talking about assistive technology in DWJ. I just found a great
> example!
>
> I'm re-reading A Tale of Time City, and in the first few pages, Jonathan
> switches on a sight function which seems to replace glasses.

oh! And the jabbering device Jamie to dictate Homeward Bounders
-- it seems to have a much lower error rate than Dragon
NaturallySpeaking. In fact, it puts in all the punctuation and
italics for him, without him having to say anything, he
specifically pointed that out.

Wow, this is kind of fun.

-deborah
--
What does it matter whether we hang,
If we've learned a little wisdom?	-- _Jade_, Sally Watson