[DWJ] Re: Mince Pies

jodel at aol.com jodel at aol.com
Wed Dec 26 13:28:53 EST 2007

>Exactly where in the world do you have to be to avoid

*both* mince pies and *boiled fruitcake* of all things?! <

In my case, Los Angeles. (I'm assuming that by "boiled fruitcake"

 you mean things like plum pudding.)

Like I said originally, It's worse than that, you can't even

find a *baked* fruitcake. Although Trader Joe's market *does*

have what they call a fruit and nut "winter loaf" which has a

generous helping of the dried and candied fruits and nuts

that you would expect in a proper fruitcake, baked up in a

nice loaf of bread. It is missing a lot of the stickiness,

and of course the rum/brandy/whisky/whatever.