[DWJ] Georgette and Mince Pies

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Wed Dec 26 08:23:31 EST 2007

Aimee wrote:
> Exactly where  in the world do you have to be to avoid *both* mince pies
and *boiled
fruitcake* of all things?! Where I am, they're practically the staple
sweet things of Christmas and are lining the shelves! Oh, waily, fancy
going without!

I don't think I've ever even seen either mince pies or boiled fruitcake, let
alone tasted them. Of course I am Jewish and live in Israel, but I've also
spent several Decembers in the United States and I still haven't experienced
these foods. (Nor do they sound like the kind of things I would like.) Then
again there were the spicy canned honey cakes my grandmother used to bring
back from Germany, I wonder if those were fruitcakes...