[DWJ] Re: mince pies

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Wed Dec 26 02:00:26 EST 2007

On Tuesday 25 December 2007, jodel at aol.com wrote:
> At the risk of setting off another round of food discissions, permit me
> to state my envy at those of you who can actually *get* mince pies
> without having to go out of the way and make them yourself.

Let me add my envy to yours.

> Mince is hopelessly out of fashion on this side of the pond. (Or maybe
> just this side of the continent.) I think if you really, really hunt
> you can find the frozen ones this time of year. But you probably won't
> find a fresh bakeds one.

Also on this side of the little pond on the other side of Britain. I didn't
encounter mince pies until I actually lived in England for a year and a half.
There's a tea-and-coffee shop in town that has some English specialty foods
(we bought a jar of clotted cream that's now awaiting the scones I plan to
make); perhaps they have jars of mincemeat, too.

   Irina

--
     "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth
should that mean that it is not real?"           --Albus Dumbledore