[DWJ] Heyer (was Polys)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Tue Dec 25 19:22:52 EST 2007

On Dec 25, 2007, at 4:56 PM, Minnow wrote:

> Actually, if someone who wasn't type-cast as a Romance writer had
> produced
> *Penhallow* it would probably be part of the Eng Lit course at
> universities
> by now.

If they hadn't marketed it as a mystery story, it might be a part of
the Eng Lit course.  It violates one of the cardinal rules of mysteries.
I was so upset when I read it that I only own it because I had a
completist attack.

I guess I'll try to give up my preconceptions and reread it.

The word “aerobics” came about when the gym instructors
got together and said, “If we’re going to charge $10 an
hour, we can’t call it ‘jumping up and down.’”

                                              -- Rita Rudner