[DWJ] Polys

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Tue Dec 25 19:16:41 EST 2007

On Dec 25, 2007, at 2:30 PM, Roger Burton West wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 25, 2007 at 04:24:02PM -0500, Allison Marles Gryski wrote:
>
>> Maybe we should start a People-on-the-DWJ-list-who-like-GH list?
>
> That's what I'm aiming for with the Masquerade list - at least the
> sort
> of people who would like DWJ, even if they haven't met her work yet.

All right.  I give up.  Where can I find the Masquerade list?

My first Georgette Heyer was _The Masqueraders_, which my
roommate thought was pretty dumb, but which I enjoyed a
lot.  I make that about 1976.

I've got a couple of the historical ones that I've never made
it through, and I have never previously heard of The Great
Roxhythe.  But otherwise, I think I've read most of what's
available, including the mysteries.

I owe Patrick O'Brien to that roommate as well.  Her father
asked for some O'Brien for Christmas, so she got one out
of the library to see what they were like.  However, it was
not at all her kind of book and she handed it to me and
said, "Is this any good?"  <sigh>

There is no point in being Irish if you don't understand
that the world is going to break your heart someday.

                             - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
                                on the assassination of John F Kennedy