[DWJ] Polys

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Tue Dec 25 16:30:59 EST 2007

On Tue, Dec 25, 2007 at 04:24:02PM -0500, Allison Marles Gryski wrote:

>Maybe we should start a People-on-the-DWJ-list-who-like-GH list?

That's what I'm aiming for with the Masquerade list - at least the sort
of people who would like DWJ, even if they haven't met her work yet.

>I always feel rather embarrassed about reading my bright pink Harlequin
>copy of Sylvester in public and yet no one would probably look twice at
>a woman reading a pink book.  Mostly I have the Pan editions, of which I
>am trying to collect a set.

_Which_ Pan editions?

<evil grin>

There are the full-page cover illustrations and the "cartouche"
illustrations-in-an-oval - and I think some of the cartouches were
redrawn for the shift between a plain white and a half-coloured
background.

>though I did
>decide to get rid of some of the more historical ones that I didn't
>think were as entertaining like Simon the Coldheart, My Lord John, and
>The Great Escape).

That would probably be _much_ more fun than either Royal Escape _or_ The
Great Roxhythe!

Roger