[DWJ] Alien Squid

Allison Marles Gryski apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Dec 25 16:05:10 EST 2007

On Tue, Dec 25, 2007 at 01:27:18PM +0000, Minnow wrote:
> >Mince-pie, anyone?
> >
> >Minnow
> >++++++
>
> and Jill wrote
>
> >I LOVE mince pie!  I'll give you a slice of pumpkin in exchange (baked
> >this afternoon.)
>
> You're on!  Makes a pleasant change from christmas pudding, which I don't
> like except as a pretext for brandy-butter (hold the pudding, I'll just eat
> the brandy butter).
>
> Owing to a minor admistrative cock-up (ie nbody in this blasted house ever
> says what they are up to) we have a superabundance of mince-pies -- four
> people bought them! -- and no chocolate at all -- everyone thought someone
> else was buying some.  So we have mince-pies and to spare...
>
> Swap a mince pie for two milk chocolate sweeties, anyone?

oh I wish I could take you up on that.  But I fear the chocolates would
withstand a transatlantic journey better than the mince pies.  My mom
always made mince tarts, but I am not home for xmas and I don't have a
jar of her mincemeat.  I have 3 kinds of homemade cookies, 3 kinds of
homemade bread, and some assorted bought chocolates, so I don't feel so
hard done by.

Happy Christmas!

Allison