[DWJ] Polys

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Dec 25 08:27:17 EST 2007

>> > Elizabeth, I misread this for an instant to read that YOU had been there in
>> > 1891...
>> > That woudl make you older than Sophie...
>>
>> And for a moment I forgot which list I was on and thought you meant the
>> Grand Sophy (Georgette Heyer)!
>
>Does that mean that there's a Georgette Heyer list??

There is, Allison, a list with moderators who keep the numbers down to 500.
It discusses one book per month, a few chapters a week and no peeking to
the end... I think about forty people actually post there, and the rest
lurk and complain to the moderators if anyone mentions first-cousin
marriages or cross-dressing or other Naughty Things, of which Heyer has
rather a lot in some books.

>I have been several times surprised at the obscure correlation between liking
>DWJ and GH.

There is a moment at science fiction conventions when someone mentions
Heyer in the bar, and all sorts of surprising hairy male
space-opera-and-shootie-bang fans start to talk about their favourite
moments in *Friday's Child*  or how funny they find Bonamy Ripple.  I know
for a fact that one of the tech crew owns all Heyer's historicals and
regencies apart from *The Great Roxhythe*, which is a seldom book and not I
think available in paperback.

Minnow