[DWJ] Re: DWJ article

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Sun Dec 23 14:07:49 EST 2007

In a message dated 12/23/2007 8:54:11 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, Elizabeth
Bentley writes:

I heard  Anthony Horowitz the other day saying that age accentuates  your
personality, so if you are not nice when younger, you will be  positively
evil as an old person. He was specifically relating this to his  grandmother,
whom he and his sister seem to have absolutely  hated.

I think it depends on the type of not-niceness, and the reasons for same.  My
father is certainly much nicer and easier to get along with than he was when
I was a child. But most of his trouble in those days was probably
stress-related. Even the nicest of people can get unpleasant personality changes  in old
age from things like strokes or Alzheimer's, or just the stress of other
health problems.

Helen Schinske