[DWJ] New Member Introduction

Kait Bessing kait.bessing at comhem.se
Sat Dec 22 07:23:01 EST 2007

Okay, I've lurked long enough, so here is my introduction.

I'm a new member of this list. My name is Kait Bessing, and I'm located in
Stockholm, Sweden. I'm a
middle-aged woman with a visual impairment (my sight is about 20% of full
vision). I use a magnifying programme for my computer.

My low vision makes me a slow reader, I generally manage 20-25 pages per
hour. I read mostly printed books, but my "pillow reading" is always a
talking book. (This is because I can't read in bed otherwise.)

Please note that English is NOT my native language, and bear with me if I
sometimes get the nuances of the English language wrong. I don't MEAN to
offend, even if I sound that way!!

I've been reading DWJ since the mid- 80s, when I picked up Charmed Life in a
bookshop in London.

I adore the Chrestomanci books, and my other favourites include Archer's
Goon, Howl's Moving Castle, Dogsbody and A Tale of Time City. My least
favourites are Time of the Ghost and Black Maria.

If anyone wants to know about vision problems, magnifying devices or talking
books, please feel free to ask!

Kait