[DWJ] World Fantasy Award Acceptance Speech by DWJ

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Fri Dec 21 05:06:48 EST 2007

> By the way, Diana is currently incandescent in a mild sort of way
> about an illustrator who seems to think s/he is entitled to 50% of the
> royalties on a book s/he did drawings for; a counter-offer of 12%
> seems slightly more like it, given that the words came first and the
> illustrations wouldn't have happened at all without them...

12% still seems like a lot to me!  For a counter-offer, anyway - it's
where they might expect to meet in the middle after the bargaining was
over!

I should have thought that once the illustrator had established one
extreme position - 50% - Diana ought to have counter-offered the other
extreme: in the ratio of page area covered :-)

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 182000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432