[DWJ] World Fantasy Award Acceptance Speech by DWJ

Charles Butler charles.hannibal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 04:24:43 EST 2007

It's an interesting speech - particularly on the ambivalence associated with
receiving a Lifetime Achievement award, which must feel a bit like reading
one's own obituary. I always like hearing about transatlantic absurdities,
too. But I can't help feeling a little for the unmentioned Stella Paskins
(who's surely helped DWJ's career as much as anyone) and for Deborah, whose
harmless 'rooted in fluidity' remark seems destined to haunt her for ever!

Charlie

--
Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk