[DWJ] The Secret of Moonacre

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Fri Dec 7 16:46:49 EST 2007

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 09:37:06PM +0000, Minnow wrote:

>I wonder what they'll leave out.  They ditched the lack of women in
>*Lord of the Rings*, the religion is missing in Pullman, the Englishness
>has been omitted from *The Dark is Rising*...

I'm sure the director's long career in _Rugrats_, _The Wild Thornberrys_
and _The Wacky Adventures of Ronald McDonald_ will equip him well to
translate such a complex book.

I regard this as just another example of the post-_Lord of the Rings_
and _Harry Potter_ fantasy film cash-in. Expect to see many more beloved
books made popular and spoiled by "adaptation", to the extent that
nobody will want to read them again.

Roger