[DWJ] Controverisal themes (was Re: Twilight and New Moon)

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 16:58:45 EDT 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Alayne

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:
> So it would be much easier to do so if we took away the puzzle
> and had  a real example of the book, Minnow.  Is it a book that
> accepts the notion that there *can* be such a thing as full,
> conscious consent in the circumstance you describe?

There's a science fiction short story by Theodore Sturgeon (written inh
the 1960s), which posits a society where incest works. (I'm not endorsing
it, merely noting it.) I can't think of much else.

The Sturgeon story, which appeared in one of the Harlan Ellison "Dangerous Visions" anthologies had the great title "If all men were brothers would you let one marry your sister"

Jon