[DWJ] Re: Pinhoe Egg

jodel at aol.com jodel at aol.com
Mon Aug 20 14:47:03 EDT 2007

>But we are. I was re-reading this a week or so ago, and I'm pretty
sure
that it was actually stated that the healing seemed to "flow the other
way". I think this was Cat's dwimmer sensing what was actually going
on, and not just a description of the visible effect.

>Molly excuses her action by saying that they didn't want Gammer to go
on
for years, making their lives a misery. So we are to presume that this
is what would have happened if Molly hadn't un-healed Gammer. But I
must admit I am not happy with Molly's morality in doing this!<

Ah, vengeful unicorns. Okay now I get it. Trust DWJ to put a spin on
something that no one ever antcipated. I don't think anyone ever said
unicorns were the "epitome of everything that was good" after all. And
Molly was very fond of Gaffer.

Yes the morality is dicy. Chrestomancy of course managed not to show
how flummoxed or disturbing he found that development, which concealed
the issue a bit too tidily.