[DWJ] Controverisal themes (was Re: Twilight and New Moon)

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Mon Aug 20 11:23:49 EDT 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:
> So it would be much easier to do so if we took away the puzzle
> and had  a real example of the book, Minnow.  Is it a book that
> accepts the notion that there *can* be such a thing as full,
> conscious consent in the circumstance you describe?

There's a science fiction short story by Theodore Sturgeon (written inh
the 1960s), which posits a society where incest works. (I'm not endorsing
it, merely noting it.) I can't think of much else.

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"The time of great punishment is long gone, gone with the great sinners.
This is an age of pinpricks, constant little bloodlettings that never have
time to heal. And this Hell must suit the age, always."
-- Peter S. Beagle, _The Last Unicorn: The lost version_