[DWJ] Pinhoe Egg (spoilers)

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Mon Aug 20 04:41:16 EDT 2007

Jodel asked:

> To wit: *why* should the touch of a unicorn's *healing* horn have
> caused Gammer Pinhoe to collapse into a coma and die?

[...]

> given any indication of what it did do? Because it certainly doesn't
> look like any healing went on. And if Molly actually was *attacking*
> Gammer Pinhoe, then we ought to have been given some sort of
> indication of it.

But we are.  I was re-reading this a week or so ago, and I'm pretty sure
that it was actually stated that the healing seemed to "flow the other
way".  I think this was Cat's dwimmer sensing what was actually going
on, and not just a description of the visible effect.

Molly excuses her action by saying that they didn't want Gammer to go on
for years, making their lives a misery.  So we are to presume that this
is what would have happened if Molly hadn't un-healed Gammer.  But I
must admit I am not happy with Molly's morality in doing this!

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432