[DWJ] Reading Aloud (and a not-OT PS)

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Fri Aug 17 08:51:40 EDT 2007

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, Aimee Smith wrote:
> Meanwhile, my interest in the subject has developed ever so slightly, so that
> now I am interested in the subject for it's own sake. I enjoy reading out
> loud, and would like to know of books that are particularly good or lend
> themselves to the art. Several of the ones suggested sound interesting, so no
> change in the brief.

Do you know about LibriVox?  They are producing free audio books
for out of copyright works, and they are always looking for
volunteers. It's a fabulous project, actually. Since I started
walking to work I've listened to an entire PG Woodhouse
collection, and I'm about to start on Ozma of Oz and Pride and
Prejudice.

<http://librivox.org/>
<http://librivox.org/volunteer-for-librivox/>

-deborah
--
I don't suppose that I have ever been so happy.  No; was it happiness?
Something wider and darker, more like knowledge, more like the night: joy.