[DWJ] Reading Aloud (and a not-OT PS)

Aimee Smith aimees001 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 08:45:27 EDT 2007

Dear Everyone who replied:

Thank you for your outflow of suggestions! Much appreciated - and no
particular need to stop!

I was always intending to ask the residents what they'd like to hear,
of course. My original inquiry was intended to forearm me with a
basic set of ideas or a pool of books for the first visit. Probably I
could have been clearer.

Meanwhile, my interest in the subject has developed ever so slightly,
so that now I am interested in the subject for it's own sake. I enjoy
reading out loud, and would like to know of books that are
particularly good or lend themselves to the art. Several of the ones
suggested sound interesting, so no change in the brief.

I wonder, do many small public libraries have 'reading out loud'
clubs or parties or children's hour any more / at all? That might be
fun. Anybody ever do it? I might have to ask at my local library...

Thank you all very much! I'll let you know how it goes.

Aimee.

PS I have just FINALLY read Pinhoe Egg! LOVED it!
PPS I spent three hours (the mind boggles) tonight watching The
Catherine Tate show on youtube. Do I look bovvered? (thank you,
Catherine Tate, for reminding me why I don't want to teach in a
London public school).
PPPS Then I watched Silent Witness. I really like the background and
theme music - all holy music and buddhist gongs! (not to mention the
bloke - with a shave he could do a Chrestomanci, I think. There's
another character he could play, and it's on the tip of my tongue. He
reminds me sometimes very slightly of David Tennant. Am I raving or
not? Anyone want to play a small game of DWJ casting?)