[DWJ] Listers to the Rescue... Again

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Fri Aug 17 08:43:08 EDT 2007

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca wrote:

> I recommend light and funny and fast-moving, with names you don't stumble
> over.
>
> Jennifer Crusie could work: Faking It, Fast Women, and Welcome to
> Temptation, in particular.

While I

(a) agree completely with light and funny and fast-moving, and
(b) love Jennifer Crusie like a mad, mad thing (unbeknownst to
her, she is my secret romance novelist girlfriend),

I wouldn't recommend her for reading aloud without getting
approval from the people being read to first that certain scenes
be edited out. Crusie does not shy away from softcore explicit
sex scenes.

... although you would want to edit them carefully instead of
just removing them entirely, because they are downright
hilarious. That scene in Faking It when they are trading
ancestors with each other? Or in Bet Me, when they finally get
past all of the baggage?

Man, Crusie is so beyond awesome.

-deborah
--
"A grown man punting a kitten who was looking the other way... It
was the bravest thing I've ever seen."  -- Sluggy Freelance